The Clarion

The Student News Site of Montclair High School

The Clarion

The Clarion

Newport Beach , CA
Senior Skip Day
May 8, 2024

Renaissance Club

“Where we change lives and impact futures!”

The Renaissance Club is responsible for all the posters you’ve seen around campus for suicide prevention and cancer awareness months. They do major events every year like student/staff birthdays & student of the month. Mrs. Castaneda is training the Ren students to spread awareness and to be people we look up to. 

“I want them to learn and experience the benefits of helping others, thinking of others before themselves. So that they see the value of being a leader and a role model for the people on campus to look up to. The most important thing is to help others and spreading awareness.” She said.

They’re also thinking of doing other activities this year that they might’ve not done last year; like different fundraisers and lunchtime events. Although they aren’t looking for any more members at the moment, you can always apply when they have their applications open next year during January and February in the auditorium. In a joint progress with ASB and Linkcrew, they set up interviews and take students that really want to be in the club. Inside the club is just like a workshop, they all work together on things like posters. Each group has a different topic to work on. Milagros Lopez said, “Each group has their own specific roles, we make posters for suicide prevention month and support seniors for college.” Many people may think ASB and Renaissance are the same thing, but they each focus on their own categories. ASB focuses on sports and creating events on campus where all students can be connected and feel like they belong. Renaissance focuses on staff and student recognition, they spread awareness. The rest of the year is still a long way to go, and there are many more things the Renaissance Club has yet to do!

Instagram; @official_mhs_renaissance / Twitter; CAVS_Renaissance