The Clarion

The Student News Site of Montclair High School

The Clarion

The Clarion

Description English: A plane coming in low to land at Murcia San Javier airport in Spain.
Is Flying Safe?
May 21, 2024

Off Campus Lunch Pass ?

As summer approaches new ideas start to commence for the new school year . Class of 2028 begin their high school journey to create memories and adventures .

An off campus pass will be a great idea for class of 2025 and 2026 ( Juniors and Seniors ONLY ) . What’s an off campus lunch pass ? It’s a pass to leave campus during lunch time and get food . Although this sounds like an amazing idea there should be requirements/expectations such as having good grades , good attendance and no disciplinary notices.

If students do not return back to class within the thirty minutes of lunch and are constantly late to their class after lunch their pass could be revoked. Which they will no longer have the ability to leave campus until the following year or semester .

This will not alone encourage students to do well but they could also be rewarded by being able to leave campus during lunch and get food from home or fast food.

San Dimas High School, Upland High School, Claremont High School etc. offer this pass and they have a 96 % , 95% and a 94% graduation rate . The requirements will motivate students to do well and pass their classes in order to have the pass.

Some must say there’s no point because the school gives free food but in reality almost 75% of students don’t eat because of the kind of food they serve or they don’t have time in the morning to make lunch. Being able to leave  and get food will benefit students by eating well and having good grades as well as attendance.

Thoughts on an off campus lunch pass for the upcoming school year cavs ?

Thoughts on the requirements and expectations? Leave a comment 🙂