The Clarion

The Student News Site of Montclair High School

The Clarion

The Clarion

Newport Beach , CA
Senior Skip Day
May 8, 2024
Cavalier Egg Hunt
Cavalier Egg Hunt
May 8, 2024

Football games

Football games are in season! It is a great way to spend your Friday nights making memories under the stadium lights. Hearing the talk around you, the band playing, the crowd going wild, everything feels so right when you’re at a football game.

Our last football game was against our rival school (Ontario High School ) We won 42-0  . This is the third year in a row keeping the trophy home where it belongs!

Now, Montclair is full of excitement and anticipation for our next couple of games. Let’s ask the coaches and players how they’re doing.

“We are focused and determined. I think we have a chance to make it to the playoffs. If we keep pushing and working hard”  Said head coach Martin Bacon

Teamwork is critical, as well as communication. In order to succeed and strive as a team they need to work together. Although it could be difficult, a team without communication won’t be a team.

“I feel great about the team. We have great leadership and the players have been working hard”  Coach Chavo stated.

“I feel confident but anxious about the games, but overall I know I need to do my best, and good things will come” said Anthony (Kirby) Cervantes

Many Montclair students will never get to experience Friday night football games again after they graduate. But we can cherish the memories made during the games they did attend. Remember CAVS, have fun while it lasts! .

Our next football games are 9/27 vs Covina (home).,10/13  Baldwin (home), 10/20 Wilson/Hacienda (away), and  10/26 Sierra Vista (away).