The Clarion

The Student News Site of Montclair High School

The Clarion

The Clarion

I took this photo in the summer of 2021 during sunset.
Summer Fun!
May 16, 2024

How are freshmen and seniors feeling about high school?

School has started again, and new freshmen are entering Montclair high school. Freshmen get the opportunity for new experiences, while seniors are making their final memories. How do freshmen feel about starting and high school? How do seniors feel about ending high school?

Many freshmen are experiencing new moments this school year, but some freshmen don’t really feel a difference, like  Jalyssa, a freshman at Montclair High. “It kind of feels the same as middle school. It doesn’t feel too different.” she said. Some other freshmen like high school and appreciate the lunch here. “It’s going good because I can buy stuff, like ice cream.” Another freshman, Alonso, disagrees with the lunch, stating, “It’s alright you know, could be better, really better. Lunch is kind of bad but everything else is good.”

Seniors are feeling a mix of excitement and fear for their final year of high school, some are scared. “It’s pretty scary,” Isabella had stated. “It’s scary because I don’t know what’s coming in the future and I don’t know what I’m gonna do after this, but overall I’m excited.” Some seniors are getting prepared for graduation and are ecstatic like Daniel. Daniel stated, “I feel pretty good about my senior year so far because we’re gonna be graduating soon.”

How do you other freshmen feel about high school? How do you seniors feel about ending high school soon? Leave a comment down below!