The Clarion

The Student News Site of Montclair High School

The Clarion

The Clarion

Clarion Podcast @MoHI
April 24, 2024
Girls JV soccer players Morgan and Angela
Girls JV Soccer
April 3, 2024

Spring Break activities

Jazmine Ceja Macias

Sunday March 10th, the day the clock is set an hour back. The sunsets at 7 pm, it begins to feel like summer again. As spring break approaches we get a preview of how summer vacation is going to play out.

Now, why do we get spring break? It’s so students can get a bit of a reprieve from hectic school responsibilities before finals and the last half of the school year. Not only is summer around the corner but to finish the year off strong we need to complete finals week which some students get stressed about or nervous for presentations. It could also benefit the students who are behind on assignments, many teachers allow students to make up work so it could bump up their grade.

But as for some spring break, is for relaxation time. Here’s some fun, and cool activities to do during break.

BEACH DAY

Why not start a good first day of spring break at the beach. The sun beaming off your skin, hearing the waves roaring, and seeing people play volleyball. How much more perfect could it get? Santa Monica Pier is one of the most popular beaches in California, the pier is filled with different family friendly activities like roller coasters, a ferris wheel that lights up at night, and games with really big prizes and restaurants.

Now, the Laguna Beach coastline is calmer. Here are some recommended things to try out, a thousand step beach, crescent bay park point, active culture ( acai bowls ), business and pleasure co. shop, crystal cove state park, shake shack, and etc.

OUTDOOR MOVIE

Going to a drive in is a perfect way to spend a relaxing night. As the sun sets while you and your friends or loved ones are watching a movie and eating your favorite snacks. The nearest drive-ins are, Van Buren Drive-in theater and swap meet and Rubidoux Drive-in theater, they’re located in Riverside CA.

To be stressed free from home work and school while watching an outdoor movie.

TOP GOLF, BOWLING, ROLLER SKATING

So many different and fun activities to do over spring break. Although most students do have a part time job it doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. Enjoy your spring break cavaliers and for seniors enjoy your LAST high school spring breakĀ  and make memories while you’re at it.