The Clarion

The Student News Site of Montclair High School

The Clarion

The Clarion

I took this photo in the summer of 2021 during sunset.
Summer Fun!
May 16, 2024

Top 5 Places to Visit

Top 5 Places to Visit

There are so many places that people dream of visiting and traveling to, either by themselves or with those that they love.

To see different sights that we’re not used to seeing in our everyday lives and enjoying the time we have in such a new and fascinating place.

Not only are you seeing different things, but traveling is a great way to make new memories. Capturing moments like that are very influential in a person’s life. Being able to talk about the adventure you embarked on and tell it to those who may have never visited the places you went to.

Personally, my top five international places would like to visit are Rome, Greece, Costa Rica, London, and Machu Picchu. These places have been on my list for a while, traveling after school would be a good way to take a break and get some free time. It would be nice to visit these places someday and make memories with those I take these trips with.

One of our most fashionable, amazing teachers Ms. Smelser puts her input as to where she would want to go visit again or for the first time. “My number one place would be any beach, I love going to any type of beach cause it’s so beautiful, especially Crystal Cove. I also love nature and anything that involves hiking and sightseeing so my second would be either Yosemite or Yellowstone National Park. Hawaii would be my third place to visit again, it was very beautiful and I would want to go to Kauai the next time I go out in that area. The last two places I would like to go to would be any botanical garden as well as Huntington Garden, I like to go and see all the amazing flowers and just enjoy the time there.”

Ariana Andujo, a junior here at MOHI says, “My first place to visit would have to be France because I would love to see the Eiffel Tower glisten in the night. I would love to visit Brazil because of the movie Rio, it seems like a beautiful place to visit and explore nature. Costa Rica would be a great place to visit because I’m interested in animals and I want to live with a monkey for a day. Tokyo is one of my top five places because I’ve always wanted to see a NASCAR race. The last place I would be the Lycian Tombs in Turkey, I’ve read about the history of these great buildings and the beliefs that people had about these buildings being large tombs for the dead.”

There are so many different places to visit all around the world, with so much history. Each place is unique in its own different way whether it’s known for being a great place to enjoy time peacefully, or its bright and interesting past decades before we were in this world.