The Clarion

The Student News Site of Montclair High School

The Clarion

The Clarion

I took this photo in the summer of 2021 during sunset.
Summer Fun!
May 16, 2024

Christmas Movies

https%3A%2F%2Ffamily.20thcenturystudios.com%2Fmovies%2Fhome-alone%C2%A0
https://family.20thcenturystudios.com/movies/home-alone 

It’s that time of the year again where the temperature drops, lights are put up, cookies are baked, and holiday songs are sung. What better way is there to get into the holiday mood other than watching Christmas movies? Here are some popular Christmas movies to watch this holiday season:

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is a classic Christmas musical/animated movie from 1964. The iconic story of Rudolph is a perfect way to get into the holiday season. It is available to watch on Amazon prime.

A popular Christmas (and Halloween) movie by Tim Burton, The Nightmare Before Christmas is an iconic stop-motion film about discovering the joy of Christmas. It is available to watch on Disney+ with a subscription.

The live action Grinch starring Jim Carrey, based on the Dr Seuss book; “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” is best known for its recognizable costumes and set. A fun film, How then Grinch Stole Christmas is available to stream with subscription on Hulu and fuboTV.

An animated film following the live-action movie and based on the popular book, The Grinch serves as a colorful, reimagined story for old and new generations. It is available to watch on Peacock, Hulu, and fuboTV.

The beloved Charlie Brown and Peanuts characters embark on their holiday story in this classic childhood-film movie. The 1965 animated movie is available to stream on Apple TV.

The classic 1990 film, full of familial bonds, nostalgia, and that classic Christmas feeling, is a quintessential holiday movie. Home Alone is available to watch on Disney+, Starz, Hulu, and Philo.

Whether you’re reliving childhood memories or making new ones, The Polar Express is an iconic Christmas movie, featuring strong morals of friendship, kindness, and belief. It is available to watch with subscription on Hulu, Philo, Max, and Amazon Prime.