The Clarion

The Student News Site of Montclair High School

The Clarion

The Clarion

I took this photo in the summer of 2021 during sunset.
Summer Fun!
May 16, 2024

Writer’s and Actor’s strike 2023

Writers and Actors strike 2023

During the middle of 2023 there were two strikes happening. The writers strike (WGA) and the actors strike (SAG-AFTRA). The writers strike lasted from May 2, 2023-Sep 27,2023. While the actors strike was more recently ended from July 14, 2023-November 9,2023.

The writers’ demands were about wanting more royalties as well as wanting protection from the use of AI. While the actors strike was about American Actors uniting together to fight for better pay and to work in a more productive environment. Actors were having a disagreement with Alliance of Motion Picture as well as Television producers.

The WGA strike included more than 11,500 screen writers. Coming together and disputing against the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers. While the SAG-AFTRA included two American Labor Unions. Screen Actors as well as American Federation of Television/Radio Artists.

Both strikes have come to tentative agreements and have signed new contracts.

Famous TV shows were affected by these strikes having to put a halt in production but now that both strikes are over, production should be going into play soon and we should be getting updates on when our favorites are going to set release dates.