The Clarion

The Student News Site of Montclair High School

The Clarion

The Clarion

I took this photo in the summer of 2021 during sunset.
Summer Fun!
May 16, 2024

Halloween Horror Nights Returns!

Halloween Horror Nights, the famous Halloween event hosted by Universal Studios comes back for its 32nd year! Halloween Horror Nights (also known as HHN) is a fright fun event that comes around every year during the spooky season. 

The event first opened up in 1991 with the name Fright Night as a three-day event. They later changed it to Halloween Horror Nights and have extended the event to a month and a half. This year’s Halloween Horror Nights will start September 7th and will go till the 31st of October. If any cavaliers are looking for something to do during Halloween, it is a great place to be with your friends/family.

There are different types of tickets for Halloween Horror Nights like general admission tickets ($74-$114), Universal Express ($219-$349), Universal Express Unlimited ($259-$389),  After two PM day/night tickets ($149-$189), After two PM day/night express ($339-$479), and the R.I.P tour ($409-$529). 

The event turns Universal’s horror movies into real life mazes and scare zones. This year’s appearances are Chucky, Evil Dead Rise, Strangers things, The Last Of Us and many more. Horror fans don’t want to miss out on the opening Scaremonies.

One special maze this year is the Terror Tram. The tram takes the guest to the maze on a studio tour bus, the guest are then dropped off at a backstage set that they can walk through. If guests prefer to go on the regular Universal rides, most are open during the event (except for Minions, Secret Life of Pets, the Studio Tour, and Nintendo World.)

The event has two shows this year, The Purge taking place Universal’s Water World location, and Blumhouse taking place in the DreamWorks theater. Where they are showcasing props from the upcoming Blumhouse horror movies.

After waiting in line, Montclair’s horror fans may get really hungry. During the event Universal sells food exclusive to HHN. This year’s food theme is Stranger Things: including Surferboy’s pizza and Scoops Ahoy ice cream from the hit show. 

Even at the end of the night, the scare-tivitys don’t stop. During closing time, there is a Chainsaw Chaseout where all of the chainsaw scare actors waiting for guests at the exit. Horror fanatics have to make the journey through the maze in order to leave the theme park. That is how horror fans would end their night at Halloween Horror Nights.