Life After Graduation!

Well never be those kids again - Frank Ocean
We’ll never be those kids again – Frank Ocean
Jazmine Ceja Macias

May 22, 2024 … you must be curious what that date means. Well that’s the day class of 2024 will be receiving their high school diploma. Crossing the stage they’ve dreamt about since freshman year.

It’s scary to think we are no longer those kids running around during recess, but are now driving, applying to colleges, balancing work and school. “Four years are going to fly by, don’t take it for granted.” How many times has someone told you that but you decided to brush it off because there’s no way four years could go by so quickly.

“I don’t really think about graduation that often since it’s so far away, I like to focus on what’s going on right now and worry about it until it’s time.” Valerie Moreno – Freshman. A new chapter of life that holds so much, but you could only take it one page at a time to find out what’s going to happen next.

“I’m excited to graduate, but I’m afraid of what life has been waiting for me after graduation.”  Lizbeht Ortiz – Senior. When you’re young you don’t realize how fast life is moving around you until you face reality.

As the class of 2024 leaves Montclair high school with memories to cherish, class of 2028 will be sitting in our seats excited for new beginnings, new friendships and new memories to cherish.

“It’s your turn to choose and define what success means to you. Now, others will try to define it for you, but yours is the only voice that matters.” – Octavia Spencer